A global health and hygiene company
TYPE: Healthcare, B2B, Consumer
How Intelligence2day helped Essity create Agile News Monitoring & Alerting
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company that distributes many successful brands to over 150 different countries. With headquarters located in Stockholm, Sweden, the company has a well-established Competitive Intelligence (CI) function closely integrated with Group Strategy within its Finance department, using data for insight and foresight to support strategic decision making.
Over the last 10 years, Essity has been using Intelligence2day® as a company-wide news management tool to ensure that they have the very latest data to support and drive the business forward. It was deployed to consistently manage and share industry and competitor news across the company to as many as 2500 registered employees.
- Become more dynamic, to quickly reflect and react to changes in the competitive landscape
- Increase the level of automation in publishing and report creation to save time and rely less on manual involvement
- Optimize the use of content from existing vendors by reviewing and enhancing content feeds
- Give business units a higher degree of autonomy, higher involvement, knowledge and ability to adjust the system according to their needs
- Define roles and responsibilities and increase collaboration
In order to continue aligning to Essity’s vision; “dedicated to improving well-being through leading health and hygiene solutions,” it was important to refresh and revitalise the current platform to monitor industry and competitor news to facilitate informed business decisions. Intelligence2day® adapted the current platform to fulfil Essity’s new needs. This was done in 3 main ways.
“This platform revitalization has made the news management process much more efficient and less dependent on individual content expertise, which has meant that we have managed staffing changes quite successfully. Also, the new interface is more relevant for our users and saves time in finding relevant content” Lena Olofsson, Competitive Intelligence Director at Essity
1. Multiple Content Connectors
One of the key strengths of Intelligence2day® is its wide array of content connectors for top analysis firms and premium content providers. Essity retrieves a number of feeds from multiple sources that are automatically fed into the system. Essity analysts have the possibility to curate the content by quality checking the tagging and assigned access groups, flagging or adding content to lists and approving relevant content.
2. Automated and Relevant Alerts
Essity’s employees can select from a number of pre-defined suggested alerts or set their own personal alerts. Instead of pushing out a standard newsletter to all, users can receive alerts with content relevant to their role.
3. Dynamic Dashboards
Essity Admins are able to set up dynamic and flexible dashboards to monitor relevant topics and to support e.g. in trend tracking activities.
This was all achieved through:
- System reviews and modifications.
- Workshops on taxonomy, dashboard management and newsletter creation.
- Mapping out information flows, output, competitor coverage and more.
- Workshops and webinars with major information providers.
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company, with headquarters located in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under leading global brands.
The company has near to 46,000 employees and in 2019, their net sales amounted to approximately USD 12.8 bn (SEK 129bn) (EUR 12.2bn).
For more information, essity.