Seven top take aways from the Chairman at CiMiCon 2018
Between 2-4 July, Comintelli´s CEO Jesper Martell chaired the CiMiCon 2018 conference in Berlin with about 230 attendees. This years theme was “Transforming Intelligence into Business Value”, that is how can intelligence actually be used in decision making for insights & innovation. The venue featured a really cool center stage, almost like a boxing ring J!
Here are Jesper’s 7 top take take-aways from these intensive days filled with networking and learning:
- Even if you have been a world champion, like Germany in football, you always have to be on your toes, every day, every time.. If not, competition is so fierce in all areas and there is always someone ready to take your place.
- Competitive Intelligence should be more about foresight than hindsight. More about predicting future moves, than producing newsletters about the past.
- Competitive Intelligence needs less analysis and more marketing to grab the attention of decision makers
- To drive innovation we have to understand the world around us. So CI/MI is a crucial input for innovation!
- Never ask the Shoeshine boy for advice on stocks – its too late if he knows…
- Speed is a big challenge in Competitive Intelligence – time to insights & decisions needs to be shortened dramatically to keep up.
- Favorite quote used : “If you do not cannibalize you own business, somebody else will” – Steve Jobs
During the event Comintelli also had a popular booth showcasing our latest version of Intelligence2day (https://intelligence2day.com), the leading software for market intelligence. The booth was extra popular during the Swedish World Cup football games…